SFIMAR has a well-defined mentoring system to mentor/counsel students on academic and non-academic aspects by the faculty members and mentors. The Institute conducts mentoring program to assist the students in leadership activities, which are measurable and attainable goals of the mentee during the academic course of two years. SFIMAR Mentor ‘s career path for students and support student’s personal growth. SFIMAR ensures extensive mentoring and coaching for its students on a one-to-one basis by mentors and facilitators. Each student is allotted a Mentor for the informal transmission of knowledge, social capital, and to build up his/her level of emotional intelligence. Mentoring sessions and other activities involve clubs, forums, event organising, event participation, etc. Mentors review students’ academic performance and provide them guidance for their career and professional development. Faculty are allotted mentees specialization wise and they are required to meet their respective mentors as scheduled in the academic timetable of MMS and PGDM. A separate mentoring committee is formed to review the mentoring process and activities namely ‘Mentoring Review Committee’, comprising of the Director and all faculty members.
• Mentoring helps in providing students the required knowledge.
• It also provides them with a set of shared values that allow them to work together in a group to effectively achieve a common purpose.
• It enables the students to develop their level of emotional intelligence and maturity.
• The Mentors in the Institute aim at providing an opportunity for students to learn and practice professional networking skills required by the industry.
• They also assist the students to identify and pursue opportunities for employment related to their degrees. Outcome
• Effective mentoring allows the mentee to explore new ideas with confidence.
• The student becomes more emotionally matured and intelligent.
• Increase in their value base and social capital.
Students are counselled on all academic and career related developments through professional counsellors. For the students from the economically weaker section, the need is identified through counselling by the Management and the decision in terms of planning for payment options and other finance related issues are taken care by the Management. Counselling also helps the students manage conflict, improve motivation, and provide supportive communication.
The Institution has appointed a counsellor for the students to advise on stress Management, depression, motivation, orientation at the Institute decisions. There are different types of counselling services offered at the student level such as academic, personal, career, psycho-social, etc.
SFIMAR has also appointed a qualified Professional Counsellor to counsel students on personal and psycho-social aspects. The Institute also provides a counsellor to deal with any personal or emotional problems.
• Remedial sessions are conducted by the respective subject faculty members after completion of the first-class test. The slow learners are student are identified.
• Mentoring sessions, counseling and extra support on the subject knowledge are provided to slow learners.
• Along with remedial sessions, psycho-social counseling is provided for those who feel stressed due to some problems through a trained and professional counsellor.
Your use of this web site is subject to the conditions and qualifications described below. By using this and the St. Francis Institute of Management & Research website, you agree to accept such conditions and qualifications.
N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies & Research
Srishti Complex Sector 1,
Mira Road (East), Mumbai Metropolitan Region 401107